The ‘Verbinders’ (Connectors) — colleagues who think proactively and get involved on the journey towards an inclusive museum — have been active since 2019.
The ‘Verbinders’ (Connectors) are a group of Van Gogh Museum employees who raise their colleagues’ awareness of the importance of an inclusive museum. They each do it from their own perspective, personally and professionally.
The Verbinders recently put together a cookery book of recipes from all over the world, based on colleagues’ favourite dishes. They are also active through their professional fields. We’re working on an inclusive writing guide, for instance, which we will use in all our communications. The Beeldbrekers also join in regularly with Verbinders sessions, to provide them with inspiration and advice.
We set up the Verbinders because we believe that:
- Diversity and inclusion work better when they are given extra attention;
- Every colleague can contribute to an inclusive organization;
- Role models set a good example and have an inspirational effect on others.
- Kay Bartelink, Sales Manager Licences;
- Emma Swaan, Fund-Raiser;
- Franck Nederstigt, Graphic Designer;
- Shanoy Koel, Young People and Workshop Coordinator;
- Ann Blokland, Senior Educator;
- Azeglio Bartolucci, Head of Care;
- Aïda Jellinghaus, Internal Communications Coordinator;
- Koen Snijders, Multimedia Programme Manager;
- Hester Los, Head of HR;
- Michiel Goosen, Head of Collection Information;
- Urita Mual, Senior Fund-Raiser;
- Roelof van der Kooi, Head of Facility Management;
- Peter Dusch, Head of Retail, Logistics & Planning;
- Adrie Kok, Head of Security;
- Petra Dorenstouter, Planning & Support