We use the following cookies on our website:
Functional cookies: cookies that ensure that the website works properly.
Analytical cookies: cookies that record how the website is used. We use these statistics to help us improve the website.
Tracking cookies (advertising cookies): cookies that allow advertisements to be displayed, based on how you use the internet. The aim is to show you the correct advertisements that are the most relevant to you.
Other cookies: cookies that do not fit into any of the previous categories. If you accept these cookies, how you use the internet can be monitored by other networks or third parties, such as YouTube (Google), BlueConic and ISSUU.
You will be giving permission for cookies to be used on the following websites:
vangoghmuseum.nl and vangoghmuseum.com
tickets.vangoghmuseum.nl and tickets.vangoghmuseum.com
Read on for more detailed information about the various types of cookies.
Some cookies are vital to ensure that the website works properly. Without them, (parts of) the website will not function as intended. Permission is not required to place functional cookies, and it is therefore not possible to block them.
The Van Gogh Museum uses analytical cookies from Google Analytics. These cookies allow us to record web statistics. The statistics offer us insight into matters including:
- How many people visit the website;
- The pages they visit;
- How long they spend on the website;
- From which page they arrive on the website;
- The browser, device and screen resolution they are using.
We use the results to help improve the website. The data cannot be traced back to individual visitors.
We have taken the following measures to protect your privacy:
- We have signed a data processing agreement with Google.
- We have turned off the ‘share data with Google’ option.
- Google Analytics cookies are not used in combination with other Google services.
- The last three numbers of your IP address have been deleted, meaning it is anonymised.
Google Analytics places the following cookies:
_ga, _gat, _gid
These cookies are stored for a maximum of 14 months.
Advertising or tracking cookies
We also use advertising cookies on our websites. These cookies offer us insight into matters including:
- Which advertisements you have already seen, to help avoid showing you the same advertisement repeatedly;
- How many times an advertisement has been clicked on.
- And they help us to create interest profiles;
The following types of personal data are collected and processed with tracking cookies:
- The web pages you have visited;
- Cookie content;
- Referrer URL;
- Data about the devices used and software settings on the device.
We work with media agencies to place advertisements on other websites and to gauge how effective these advertisements are. If you do not accept these cookies, you will still be able to view advertisements from the Van Gogh Museum. However, the advertisements you see will not be tailored to your interests or internet user behaviour.
The advertising cookies placed include:
- FR: cookie to help show you relevant advertisements on Facebook. This cookie is stored for a maximum of 2 years.
- DSID, IDE: cookies from Doubleclick.net, to show advertisements based on your previous visits to the website. These cookies are stored for a maximum of 1 year.
- ANID, 1P_JAR, DV: cookies used by Google to show advertisements on Google websites based on your recent search history.
- MUID and MUIDB: cookies used by search engine Bing (Microsoft) to show advertisements.
- Various cookies used by Adform advertising software to track the impact of campaigns and build a retargeting pool. These cookies are stored for a maximum of 60 days. More information about the cookies that Adform places.
You can use one of the following websites to indicate the companies from which you no longer want to receive advertising cookies: