The Roulin family
In Arles, Vincent became close friends with a postman called Joseph. He painted several portraits of him, as well as of his wife Augustine and children, Armand, Camille and Marcelle. All five members of the family are on the colouring page. Colour them in, cut them out and create your own diorama!
What do you need?
- The Roulin family colouring page
- A shoebox
- Paint and paintbrushes
- Tissue paper, or another type of translucent paper
- Drawing paper
- Coloured paper and/or old magazines
- Colour pencils and/or felt-tip pens
- A pair of scissors
How do you make the diorama?
- Carefully cut a large hole in the lid of a shoebox and paste a piece of tissue paper (or another type of translucent paper) over the hole on the inside of the lid. This will allow light to enter the diorama.
- Cut a small round hole in one end of the shoebox, this will allow you to look into the diorama. Paint the outside of the shoebox in your favourite colour or decorate it with coloured paper/pictures from old magazines.
- Draw or paint a background for the inside of the diorama. You can also use pictures cut out of old magazines. Don’t forget to decorate the bottom of the box as well!
- After you have coloured in the figures on the colouring page, carefully cut them out. Fold back the bottom edges and glue the figures into the diorama.
Enjoy making your own diorama!