BREEAM-NL’s building, administration and use ratings are based on nine categories, including energy, materials, water, waste, health and management. The ‘Very Good’ rating achieved by the Van Gogh Museum reflects a whole range of sustainability measures taken in recent years.
- We have combined heat/cold storage with our own systems, earning the building a cleaner energy label and enabling it to use sustainably generated energy.
- A clear environmental policy is in place, with the aim of minimizing our water and energy consumption and reducing its ecological footprint.
- Procurement is sustainable and waste is sorted and collected separately.
- We encourage employees and visitors to use public transport.
- All these measures are communicated internally via effective sustainability reporting.
Dutch Green Building Council
The Dutch Green Building Council (DGBC) administers the BREEAM-NL quality mark. DGBC is an independent network committed to raising the sustainability of the built environment.
To this end, the organization manages and develops initiatives such as the internationally acclaimed sustainability quality mark BREEAM-NL – the instrument for measuring the sustainability performance of Dutch buildings, districts and projects.
DGBC was founded in 2008 as a market-led initiative by ABN Amro, Redevco, Dura Vermeer, SBR and the Municipality of Amsterdam. It currently numbers almost 350 participants.
Infographic sustainability measures PDF, 3.8 MB
DHL GoGreen Climate Neutral Certificate
As the Van Gogh Museum's logistics partner, DHL Express is responsible for shipping all orders placed in the Van Gogh Museum Shop. In doing so, the express carrier offsets CO2 emissions through its GoGreen Climate Neutral Programme.
The Van Gogh Museum receives an annual DHL GoGreen Climate Neutral certificate, which provides insight into the emissions from the transportation of the shipments, and how these emissions are offset in climate protection projects. More information about DHL's GoGreen Climate Neutral Programme can be found on their website.