Wopereis previously worked at War Child, holding positions including interim Head of Partnerships & Actions.
Emilie Gordenker, Director of the Van Gogh Museum: ‘We are delighted to welcome Stijn. The Van Gogh Museum generates 85% of its income, so the Development Department plays a crucial role. The past 18 months have demonstrated just how important supporters and partnerships are for the cultural sector and the Van Gogh Museum. The directors are looking forward to working together with Stijn to develop even more special relationships with existing and future partners’.
During his time at multiple non-profit organisations, Wopereis has gained extensive experience in fundraising and partnerships. Between 2011 and 2018, he held various positions at the World Wide Fund for Nature. Firstly as Senior Account Manager and Manager of Major Accounts, holding ultimate responsibility for the income from individual givers, foundations, legacies and companies between 2015 and 2018. During this period, he was also interim Chief Fundraising and Development Officer. From 2018 to 2020, Wopereis was Head of Fundraising & Partnerships at AMREF Flying Doctors. After a period as interim Head of Partnerships & Actions at War Child, during which time he was also a member of the Marketing & Fundraising Management Team, Wopereis today starts as Head of the Development Department at the Van Gogh Museum.
Van Gogh Museum
Wopereis succeeds Geer Oskam, who recently joined the Prins Bernhard Cultuurfonds. Wopereis: ‘It is an honour to work for one of the finest museums in the world. In addition to the fascinating paintings and drawings, it’s Van Gogh’s life story – which we know so well thanks to the many surviving letters – that really appeals to me. These are unprecedented times, and I look forward to working with my team to play our part in preserving the Dutch heritage of this world-famous artist’.
Stijn Wopereis will be entering a team that also includes:
- Urita Mual (Senior Manager Corporate Partnerships);
- Floor van Kollem (Manager Corporate Partnerships);
- Pauline Geskes ( Junior Corporate Partnerships);
- Evelien Holtrop-Dop (Account Assistant Corporate Partnerships);
- Marijke Naber (Relationship Manager International Funds and Foundations, until 14-09-2021);
- Emma Swaan (Manager Trusts & Foundations);
- Marije van der Pas (Senior Manager Individual Giving);
- Eva Cappon (Manager Individual Giving);
- Mariëlle Koevermans (Development Officer);
- Alice van der Slikke (Manager External Relations).