Specifications and tips
Not an exact copy
We’re looking for your eating ritual; it’s not the idea to replicate the painting. We’re really looking for how your evening meal looks, maybe with unwashed children or the cat on the table!
In selecting the photos we’ll be looking at the composition, light and originality. We also want to show as many different ‘new potato eaters’ as possible, each with their own eating ritual.
- You can take the photo using a timer, as a selfie, or ask someone
else to take a photo.
- Make sure you’re not too close, but also not too far away. Just like Van Gogh painted The Potato Eaters, in fact.
- Send in a photo in landscape format, just like – that’s right – The Potato Eaters.
- The file you send in should be a JPG, at least 3480x1080 pixels, 72 dpi and with a maximum size of 10 mb.
Terms and Conditions
By sending in the photo you accept the terms and conditions for taking part.
De voorwaarden in het kort:
The terms and conditions in brief:
- You can only send in one photo.
- You must send in your own photo, and fill in the details truthfully.
Persons who are recognizably shown in the photo must have given you prior permission for this.
- The Van Gogh Museum will make a selection of the entries and may publish the photo, for example online, on social media, in the museum or in another way. No payment will be made for this.
- The photos will be used in a publishing and museum context, and will not be used for commercial purposes.
- The photos will be retained until 13 February 2023 (one year after the end of the exhibition The Potato Eaters: Mistake or Masterpiece?) and then deleted.