Opening hours & ticket prices
Van Gogh Museum, Paulus Potterstraat 7 Amsterdam:
- 2 September - 26 December 2013: daily 9 am until to 5 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 27-31 December 2013: daily 9 am until to 6 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 1 January 2014: 11 am to 6 pm.
- 2 - 5 January 2014: daily 9 am until to 6 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 6 January - 28 February 2014: daily 9 am until 5 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 1 March -1 September 2014: daily 9 am until to 6 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 2 September - 26 December 2014: daily 9 am until 5 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
- 27 December - 31 December 2014: daily 9 am until to 6 pm, Friday until 10 pm.
Opening hours library
Library, Museumplein 4 Amsterdam:
Monday to Friday 10 am to 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm to 5 pm.
Adults: € 15
Children up to 17: free
ICOM members: free
I amsterdam City card: free
Holland Pass: free
Multimedia tour € 5,-
Multimedia tour and children's audio tour
Multimedia tour Van Gogh at work
Available in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Price: € 5.
For children (6-12 years) an audio tour is available in English and Dutch.
Price: € 2.50.
The tours are for sale in the museum or you can make a reservation together with your online ticket order.
The Van Gogh Museum now offers free wireless internet throughout the museum . Check-in on foursquare, update your status on Facebook, visit our website, e-mail or just send a tweet to your followers from the museum galleries.
Follow these instructions for iPhone, Anroid smartphone or Windows Phone:
- Press the Settings icon and then 'Wi-Fi' (iPhone), 'Wireless & networks' (Android) or tap 'Settings' in the App list (Windows Phone) and select 'Wi-Fi'.
- Check if the Wi-Fi is turned on and then select the VanGoghMuseum network.
- A disclaimer will appear automatically: read the conditions and press 'Accept'.
- You are now connected to the Van Gogh Museum Wi-Fi network.
For school groups are special arrangements available, see our Education section.
Works of art can easily be damaged, so please do not come too close or touch them. You are allowed to take photographs, film, or make audio or video recordings in the designated area's for personal use. The use of lamps, flash and/or tripod is prohibited without prior written consent from the Van Gogh Museum.
Large bags, umbrellas and bottles holding beverages or other fluids must be left in the cloakroom. Smoking is prohibited throughout the building. On entering the museum, visitors and all their belongings are subject to security checks, including metal detection.